Antoni Bayés Genís
The objective of the Heart Institute is to carry out research that will increase the development of new treatments for heart disease by better understanding its origins and progression. This way will improve the quality of life for heart patients.
The Heart Institute combines health care with research. The team includes cardiologists, surgeons, nurses, administrative staff and researchers from multidisciplinary backgrounds (eg. biology, veterinary science, biotechnology and pharmacy) all dedicated full time to the task.
The Heart Failure Research group and the Heart Regeneration Research Group (ICREC), based at the IGTP and led by Dr Antoni Bayés Genis is focussed on two principal areas: one purely clinical and one more translational. On the clinical side the group searches for biomarkers for diagnostics and prognostics for heart failure and develops technology related to Telemedicine. On the basic/translational side the group is interested in studying the potential for regeneration of different types of stem cells (derived from adipose cardiac tissue and blood or umbilical cord, amongst other sources) and in therapeutic approaches based on engineering tissues to safeguard and restore miocardium damaged during infarction.
The ICREC group is made up of researchers experienced in cell techniques and decellurization, repopulation and implantation of biological meshes. The ICREC group also counts on highly skilled personnel with experience of mouse and pig models of miocardial infarction.
Líneas de investigación
- Stem cells
- Tissue engineering and search for new therapies for cardiac regeneration
- Diagnostics, prognostics and treatments
Coronary Surgery Research Group
- Analysis and validation of new stents
- Structural Cardiopathology: Clinical and prognostic evaluation of aortic percutaneous valves
- Nanoparticle therapies
Arhythmias and Electrophysiology
- Study of AntiRho antibody in auriculo-ventricular blockage
- Blockage of inter-auricular risk of tachyrhythmias
- Auricular sphericalization and auricular fibrilation
- New parametres in electrostimulating units
Acute Coronary Syndrome
- To seek anatomical, clinical and biological predictors of adverse ventricular remodelation
- To evaluate cost-effectiveness of triple treatment (AAS + IECA + statins) in patients with acute coronary syndrome
- Contribution/Maintenance of heart disease registries (Codi Infart, SPARC, RETAKO, hypothermia)
- Sever asymptomatic aortic stenosis
- Infectious endocarditis
- Mitral insufficiency and mitral plasties
- Tricuspid insufficiency and pulmonary hypertension
- Marfan Syndrome
- Congenital cardiopathologies of Adults
- Nuclear and Infusion magnetic cardioresonance
- Cardiotoxicity of chemotherapy
Antoni Bayés Genís
(+34) 93 033 05 21