PRE-AWARD INTERNATIONAL GRANTS (REF.: 2023/90)
Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute (IGTP) opens an a Pre-Award International Grants position to join the International Projects Office.
The Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute (IGTP) is a public research centre in the Autonomous region of Catalonia in Northern Spain dedicated to increasing scientific knowledge and transferring it to improve the care and lives of patients. For more infromation visit our webpage https://www.germanstrias.org.
The Institute is associated with one of the major university hospitals in the Barcelona area, the Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, and is part of the Can Ruti biomedical campus. IGTP is a CERCA centre and is also accredited as a centre of excellence by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII) and is in charge of coordinating the management and scientific strategy of the campus, working in close collaboration with the other centres.
The person will be responsible for securing competitive European or International funds for research and innovation activities under the supervision of the Head of Pre-Award section. This position focuses on European Commission calls, ranging from Horizon Europe, EU4Health, EIT Health, among others, but also including other European and International public and private sources of funding such as US-NIH or private foundations. This person will closely work with researchers and clinicians across IGTP Campus to foster both internal and external.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- MSc or PhD in Health Sciences or similar.
- Hands-on experience in a similar position. Experience in calls such as Horizon Europe and NIH calls will be valued.
- Fluent in reading and writing English.
- Availability of occasional travels locally and abroad.
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of proven experience in a research, technology, or innovation ecosystem, with a strong background in public funding. Hands-on experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of EU or International funding programmes, such as Horizon Europe, EU4Health and NIH.
- Proven experience in successful writing, submission, and management of EU proposals.
- Understanding of the administrative and financial rules (mainly for Horizon Europe) is a plus.
Personal skills and competences
- The person we are looking for must be proactive, responsible, flexible and able to adapt to changing environments. This person should also be creative and oriented to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Excellent writing skills to review proposals including, impact, exploitation and communication strategies, and implementation plans.
The person will be responsible for securing competitive European or International funds for research and innovation activities under the supervision of the Head of Pre-Award section. This position focuses on European Commission calls, ranging from Horizon Europe, EU4Health, EIT Health, among others, but also including other European and International public and private sources of funding such as US-NIH or private foundations. This person will closely work with researchers and clinicians across IGTP Campus to foster both internal and external collaborations among different entities to carry out research and innovation
- To have an in-depth knowledge of European and International competitive funding programs, their policies and regulations, and to keep up to date.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key collaborators.
- Identify and participate in lobby and networking opportunities for both the institution and the researchers.
- Promote participation in European/international calls suitable for the projects to be developed in the IGTP Campus.
- Professional support through the proposal preparation journey for coordinated proposals:
- Organization and leadership of brainstorming and concept development
- Support in partner search and consortium building
- Drafting proposal budget according to the funding agencies requirements
- Working closely with partners and ensuring the quality of the submitted proposal
- Submission of proposals to the funding bodies
- Internal evaluation of proposals.
- Attendance to conferences, meetings or partnering events.
- Support in organization of events and training activities.
- Significantly contribute to the Projects Office newsletter.
- Support in the organization of seminars for researchers.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Indefinite position.
- Econòmic conditions according to profile and knwoledge provided
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsulas by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and favourably collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals, all surrounded by nature at the National Park "Parc de la Serralada de Marina".
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
PRESENTACIÓN DE SOL. LICITUDES:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.