PREDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (REF.: 2023/38)
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled researcher to work on a project entitled: "Advanced Antigen-Specific Dendritic cells based therapy to re-establish tolerance in immune-mediated diseases" (IMMUTOL), funded by the HORIZON-HLTH-2022-DISEASE-06-02 Program.
This project aims to generate a more powerful second generation engineered VitD3tolDC product for its translation to the clinic.
The Immunopathology research group is within the Immunology Service of the Germans Trias Hospital. It is made up of an experienced interdisciplinary team that is highly motivated to carry out translational research and give support to clinical teams who are developing their own research projects to examine the mechanisms of the immune response.
The team is made up of researchers, pre-doctoral researchers and technicians who carry out prestigious research projects in the national and international arenas. The laboratory is one of 14 centres of European excellence recognized by the Federation of Clinical Immunological Societies (FOCIS). Since 2009 it is a Consolidated Group as recognized by the Agency for Management of University and Research Grants of the Generalitat of Catalonia.
The current project will be ascribed to the Neuroimmunology team. Since 2008 the Neuroimmunology team has been developing new immune tolerance-inducing therapies, and recently finished a Phase I clinical trial with tolerogenic dendritic cells (VitD3tolDC) in multiple sclerosis patients that showed safety and feasibility of the approach. It coordinated a European network consisting of the most important groups in the field of tolerogenic cellular therapies for autoimmunity, and transplants in the field (European Action COST BM1305-AFACTT) ( www.cost.eu).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- Master in cellular or Molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedicine or immunology.
- Certification for working with animal models.
- Passion for research in immunology and ambition to pursue a scientific career.
- Research Planning and Organization skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Team player with good communication skills.
Additional skills will be also considered such as:
- Experience in working on experimental (mouse) models
- Bioinformatic skills
- Motivation for learning and continuous improvement of skills and scientific growth
- The pre-doct will investigate the therapeutic effect of engineered tolerogenic dendritic cells in an experimental model of multiple sclerosis (experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis -EAE-).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Position for the duration of 3 years; full time contract-work.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and favorably collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals, all surrounded by nature at the National Park "Parc de la Serralada de Marina".
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.