ADVANCED TECHNICIAN (REF.: 2023/29)
IGTP requires to incorporate to the the Oncology Translational Research Group a fully-funded Technician position to work with 3D-tissue culture for disease modeling and precision medicine.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- Candidates must have a degree in biomedical sciences and life science or equivalent experience; a Ph.D. in life science is highly valuable.
- Extensive cell culture experience is a prerequisite. Background in in vivo models is a plus.
- Expertise in microscopy, cell and molecular techniques such as PCR, qPCR, cytometry and CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, and western blotting are strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures. Excellent communication skills and Fluent English are required.
- Scientific productivity will be highly valued.
- The position further requires excellent organizational capacity, outstanding troubleshooting skills, and strong team working skills.
- Designs and performs experiments. Develops, adapts and implements new research techniques and protocols.
- Keeps detailed experimental records and documentation and analyzes the results with the Principal Investigator and the Scientific Coordinator.
- Participates in publications and presentations of the group.
- Meets with the PI/Scientific Coordinator on regular basis to discuss research progress and plans.
- Trains new group members, supports their activity and (if applicable) provides mentorship.
- Processing of human tumor samples, carrying out molecular assays, general cell biology techniques, organoid maintenance support, and data processing derived from analyses.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time contract.
- The gross salary commensurate with qualifications of the applicant and consistent with the European grant pay scale, distributed in 12 pays, ticket childcare, etc.
- 23 days of Holidays and 5 personal days per year
- Career development opportunities organized by the IGTP.
- Join an Excellent multidisciplinary centre awarded with the HRS4R- mention.
- Location at the Can Ruti Campus, a top-level translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information follow the link: /en/
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and details of 2 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and the pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.