POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH (REF.:2023/07)
The IGTP needs to incorporate the Innate Immunity Unit (IP: Dr. MR Sarrias), a postdoctoral researcher, to carry out research tasks within the framework of the project "Novel immunotherapy strategy directed at macrophages in solid cancers".
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- The interested person must hold of a PhD degree in Health Sciences and accredited with the qualification of experimental animal research personnel.
- Have proven experience in murine experimental models, preferably in cancer.
- Have proven experience in immune system study techniques.
- List as co-author of indexed scientific publications.
- Accredit an excellent level of English.
- Organizational, proactive and self-motivated attitude.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team.
We are looking for a motivated candidate to contribute to the development of a novel cancer immunotherapy targeting macrophages. The person will lead new aspects of this research, using state of the art technologies to further understand the mechanism of action of the developed immunotherapy in vitro using primary cells and cell lines, and in vivo using mouse experimental cancer models.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for research and innovation. The candidate will give and attend seminars locally at the Institute and participate in national and international conferences and meetings, as well as communication activities. It is expected that the person also contributes to the mentoring of younger researchers and the writing of scientific manuscripts with the outcomes of their research.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full time contract-work.
- Date of incorporation - February 15th 2023
- Gross annual remuneration inherent will be fixed based on the experience provided and the skills of the candidate, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company, including, if willing, innovation aspects.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research centre with the HRS4R badge, that offers state-of-the art facilities and the integration into a trained team with a friendly atmosphere.
- Location on the Can Ruti Campus, a first-class translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview