- 2022/174 PHD STUDENT
Opening for a PhD Student in the Tissue Virology (VITI, IGTP/IrsiCaixa) in collaboration with Climate and Health program (AIRLAB, ISGLOBAL) to participate in a project to evaluate the effects of indoor air pollution on human health. This will include establishment of physiologically relevant in vivo-like 3D lung culture models, evaluation of air-liquid interface exposure systems and testing indoor air toxicity in ex vivo models. We offer a contract to joint the project entitled: "TwinAIR: Digital Twins Enabled Indoor Air Quality Management for Healthy Living". This project, coordinated by University of Patras (Greece), is funded by the Horizon Europe programme
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related degrees. Master degree in any Life or Health science, finished or expected during 2022-2023 academic year. Candidates with academic files containing excellent grades (>2 over 4 or 7.5 over 10) are encouraged.
- Candidates with previous experience in primary cell culture, flow cytometry and basic molecular biology and bioinformatics complementary training will be valued.
- Although it is not essential, participation in scientific articles or communications in conferences will be considered.
- Good organizational skills, ability to work in a dynamic team environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Skills for writing, editing, and submitting manuscripts/abstracts/reports detailing the results of the projects.
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific tasks for the applicant will be:
- Under the direction of the principal investigators the applicant will carry out research activities in a BSL3 biosafety laboratory.
- Design and development of experimental procedures, including isolation and culture of primary cells and basic techniques of molecular biology.
- Data interpretation and discussion of work progress with other members of the research group.
- Writing scientific reports and articles.
- Active update on scientific literature related to the research topic.
- Presenting research progress in both internal and external meetings, including national and international conferences.
- Other science dissemination activities.
- Participate in regular maintenance of laboratory activities.
- Temporary full-time contract.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 12 payments.
- Candidates will apply for competitive external funding.
- Incorporation November/December 2022.
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- Location on the Can Ruti Campus, a first-class translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested should send a motivational letter and their CV by email to seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat, indicating the reference of the offer on the email issue.
CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT INDICATE THE REFERENCE OF THE OFFER IN THE SUBJECT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
After a pre-selection of applicants, an interview will be done with the candidates most suitable.