BIOINFORMATICIAN (REF.: 2024/21)
The IGTP needs to incorporate a bioinformatician in the High Content Genomics and Bioinformatics Unit of the institute to carry out tasks related to the treatment and analysis of massive data in projects of biomedical research. The successful candidate will participate in an EU funded project centred on the analysis of spatial transcriptomics data and development, testing and validation of analysis pipelines.
The IGTP is a public research center located on the Can Ruti Campus, Badalona, near Barcelona. It focuses its activity on biomedical research with the aim of improving the health and medical care of patients and the community.
The IGTP is attached to one of the large teaching hospitals in the North Metropolitan area, the Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital (HUGTiP). It is a CERCA center and member of the biocluster supported and supervised by the Generalitat de Catalunya. It is also accredited as a Center of Excellence by the Carlos III Health Institute and acts as an umbrella organization for scientific research on the Campus, where it works closely with the other affiliated centers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The following requirements are mandatory:
- Degree (240 ECTS) in bioinformatics / data science / bioengineering (or biomedical sciences or computer sciences with formal training in bioinformatics)
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of computer programming languages: python, R, perl, bash, awk.
- Experience as an advanced Linux system user.
- Good knowledge of the English language (read, written and spoken)
The following requirements are highly desirable (will be valued):
- Good knowledge of statistics, and use and/or development of bioinformatics and/or machine learning and/or artificial intelligence tools applied to massive data analysis.
- Postgraduate training including baccalaureate (BS), master (MSc) or doctoral (PhD) degree studies or equivalent experience in the field.
- Previous experience in data analysis in multidisciplinary research environments in biomedical settings.
- Pre-processing and quality control of genomic data, with specialization in single-cell and spatial transcriptomics data.
- Applying machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for classification of cell types and inference of functional status.
- Integrative analysis of clinical, medical imaging, histopathological, genomic, epigenomic, metagenomic, transcriptomic, metabolomic and proteomic data.
- Communication with collaborators and core facility users and preparation of results reports.
- Maintenance of data repository and documentation of procedures and bioinformatics tools.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Indefinite contract.
- Date of incorporation: March, 2024.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent to the square objected to this call, will be fixed based on the experience provided and the skills of the candidate, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research centre with the HRS4R badge.
- Location on the Can Ruti Campus, a first-class translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with the guiding principles and objectives of the supply systems, following the process described below:
- Curricular evaluation: analysis of the curriculum vitae to assess aspects related to training, professional career and experience in positions related to the job position under selection.
- Personal interview: once the résumé has been evaluated, the selected candidates will be called for a personal interview to verify and expand on the information detailed in the résumé and to evaluate aspects related to experience and professional skills.
Applications that do not meet the requirements, that are not included in the cases foreseen or that are not processed in accordance with the established procedure will not be considered in the selection process.