POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH CLOG (REF.:2023/129)
The Childhood Liver Oncology Group (cLOG) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to be incorporated at the lab and be able to apply to next post-doc calls like Ramon y Cajal, Miguel Servet, Juan de la Cierva or Sara Borrell, MSCA or similars
cLOG, led by Dra Armengol ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4690-4027, is a referent translational research group of childhood liver cancer in Europe. The cLOG research projects are aligned with two H2020 and HORIZON EUROPE projects: the iPC (https://ipc-project.eu/) and THRIVE (starting in December 2023) and a national projects (PMed4HB) of the Spanish Association for Cancer Research. We count with a unique biorepository worldwide of clinically-annotated biological samples from paediatric liver cancer patients which is being established thanks to our participation in the first international clinical trial, PHITT (Paediatric Hepatic International Tumour Trial - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov). Childhood liver cancer is a rare disease from which its molecular knowledge is limited due to the difficulty to access to biological samples from these children. cLOG is conducting a project on identifying and validating diagnostic/prognostic biomarkers as well as new therapeutic targets for aggressive tumors.
We are seeking for an exceptional, experienced and motivated researcher to improve the underlying molecular knowledge of these tumors by analyzing RNA-seq data on unique and large cohort of clinically-annotated biopsies of childhood liver tumors to provide new diagnostic and therapeutic tools to translate into the clinical setting. The final aim of the cLOG group is to increase the survival and quality of life of paediatric patients with liver cancer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- PhD degree in biology or similar obtained 2019-2022 (depending on the postdoc call).
- Ability to write scientific manuscripts.
- Experience in bioinformatic analysis is required.
- Candidate should demonstrate full independence at laboratory and ability to work as a team.
- Experience in molecular biology, cell culture, techniques and human sample processing will be positively valued.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Good record of Research achievements and publications, minimum 2 publications.
- Stays abroad.
- High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
- Manuscript preparation.
- Computational analysis of RNA-seq/OncoSCAN data to identify key deregulated signalling pathways and therapeutic targets of aggressive tumors to be tested in vitro using organoids of childhood liver cancer already established.
- Define and validate gene signatures of sensitivity and resistance of PHITT treatments and develop new medical devices through establishment of agreements with specialized companies.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The gross annual remuneration will be set based on the amount awarded and the salary tables of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research centre with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview