IGTP requires to incorporate to the GCAT' Genomes for the Life Lab a Post-doctoral fellow for MCIM funded project "Genome Profiling in the GCAT, an electronic health-record population-based cohort study to improve prevention, diagnosis and treatment of common diseases by using PRSs: GePeTo".
- The GCAT'Genomes for Life conduct its research on human genomics through a well-characterised cohort and linked with existing European and international initiatives.
- The project GePeTo, through genome profiling, aims to identify genetic homogenous clusters, to improve disease risk prediction, diagnostic refinement and disease progression, to deploy precision therapeutics and improve strategies based on population-level screening.
- The project GePeTo, will define the genetic risk for the whole diseasome in 20,000 cohort participants, trough the array-genotyping using last technological developed arrays (1.2M variants) and in silico genotyping using the WGS GCAT'Panel, to compute Genomic Risk Scores for all identified diseases (ICD-10) and biologic traits using the comprehensive GCAT metadata. Phenome-wide-association, shared genetic analysis, pleiotropic profiling and disease risk representations (decile-plot, disease prevalence, etc) will be conducted to disentangle the genetic architecture of human disease. A visualization platform will be also developed.
We are looking for an outstanding person, good nature, with data science and bioinformatics biology skills, intrepid with interest to work in the analysis of cutting-edge high-throughput OMIC data generated from a population-based cohort of 20,000 individuals, linked with existing European and international initiatives.
- The candidate will be primarily taking care of the genotyping project, then will work as data analysts, with genomic, environmental and epidemiology researchers focused on translational genomics of complex traits and diseases to develop the first genetic risk clusterization of the GCAT diseasome.
- The candidate will develop the skills in the field of human genomics, from currently available methodology for interpretation and visualization of human genetic data, from raw array SNP data to genomic imputation, GWAS and Post-GWAS analysis; gene mapping, genetic networks; signalling pathways, physiological or metabolic systems, integration of -OMIC datasets are some of the skills in which the candidate should be expert at the end of project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- PhD or MSc in Bioinformatics or computer science and experience in bioinformatics software use and/or development (Python, R, and other relevant programming languages) is required.
- Knowledge in computing analysis of OMIC data, database management, statistical analysis, data engineering and visualization in the human health / genome field is desired.
- Genome biology background is a plus. Experience working in the field of human genomics, proteomics, would be acknowledge.
- Ability to collaborate with the team and translate existing research into practical solutions and products.
- Drive project execution and implement a robust plan for measuring success.
The specific tasks will be:
- Built a comprehensive map of common genetic variants of 20,000 individuals from the GCAT cohort.
- Comprehensive PRSs scoring for all identified medical ICD diagnostic and biologic traits identified in the 20,000 individuals of the GCAT cohort.
- Risk clusterization for the GCAT diseasome by genetic risk profiling.
- To build a visualization and analysis tool for cohort-mining using PRS genetic tools.
- To implement web-based tool for PheWAS (Phenome Wide Association Analysis) for GCAT.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 24-months full-time contract (desirable extension)
- Starting on May 2023
- The gross salary commensurate with qualifications of the applicant and consistent with the grant pay scale, distributed in 12 pays, ticket childcare, etc.
- 23 days of Holidays and 5 personal days per year, Teleworking (1 out 5 days).
- Career development opportunities organized by the IGTP.
- Join an Excellent multidisciplinary centre awarded with the HRS4R- mention.
- Join Can Ruti Campus, a unique first-class translational research and stimulating scientific environment in the nearest Northern Barcelona Area. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem, to promote professional development and to achieve personal research objectives.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link:
GCAT Genomes for Life - GCAT (gcatbiobank.org)
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and details of 2 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and the pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.