IGTP requires to incorporate to the GCAT' Genomes for the Life Lab a Post-doctoral fellow for HE funded project "ENDing COVID-19 Variants Of concern through Cohort studies (END-VOC)".
- The END-VOC consortium support the European and global response to the COVID-19 pandemic and Variants of Concern (VOC) through well-characterised cohorts and linked with existing European and international initiatives. It aims to elucidate the global circulation of the current and emerging SARS-CoV-2 VOCs and their impact on the effectiveness of different vaccines and vaccination strategies, and assess the implications of VOCs on the choice of optimal treatment options. https://endvoc.eu/
We are looking for an outstanding person, good nature, with data science and bioinformatics biology skills, intrepid with interest to work in the analysis of cutting-edge high-throughput OMIC data generated from a population-based cohort of 20,000 individuals, linked with existing European and international initiatives.
- The candidate will be primarily taking care of the END-VOC follow-up, then will work as data analysts, with genomic, environmental and epidemiology researchers focused on translational genomics of complex traits and diseases to underscore the long term impact of Infectious diseases (e.g. SARS-CoV-2) and the role of the inflammasome.
- The candidate will develop the skills in the field of human genomics, from currently available methodology for interpretation and visualization of human genetic data, from raw array SNP data to genomic imputation, GWAS and Post-GWAS analysis; gene mapping, genetic networks; signalling pathways, physiological or metabolic systems, integration of -OMIC datasets are some of the skills in which the candidate should be expert at the end of project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- PhD or MSc in Bioinformatics, computer science, and experience in bioinformatics software use and/or development (Python, R, and other relevant programming languages) is required.
- Knowledge in computing analysis of OMIC data, database management, statistical analysis, data engineering and visualization in the human health / genome field is desired.
- Genome biology background is a plus. Experience working in the field of human genomics, proteomics, would be acknowledge.
- Ability to collaborate with the team and translate existing research into practical solutions and products.
- Drive project execution and implement a robust plan for measuring success.
The specific tasks will be:
- Concurrent data Integration of multiplex-omic signatures (including genome, virome, proteome and exposome) to understand pathobiology and dissemination of infectious diseases (ID) (e.g. SARS-CoV-2)
- Conduction of statistical longitudinal analysis to explore the role of the inflammasome in the post-infection syndromes (e.g.Long-Covid).
- Discussion of results, and elaboration of reports, oral presentations, and scientific reports.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 18-months full-time contract (desirable extension)
- Starting on May 2023
- The gross salary commensurate with qualifications of the applicant and consistent with the European grant pay scale, distributed in 12 pays, ticket childcare, etc.
- 23 days of Holidays and 5 personal days per year, Teleworking (1 out 5 days).
- Career development opportunities organized by the IGTP.
- Join an Excellent multidisciplinary centre awarded with the HRS4R- mention.
- Join Can Ruti Campus, a unique first-class translational research and stimulating scientific environment in the nearest Northern Barcelona Area. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem, to promote professional development and to achieve personal research objectives.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link:
GCAT Genomes for Life - GCAT (gcatbiobank.org)
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and details of 2 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and the pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.