POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (REF.: 2022/215)
The Genomics and transcriptomics of synucleinopathies (GTS) group focuses on the molecular characterization of Lewy body diseases. Over the past 10 years we have specialized in dementia with Lewy bodies with the goal to provide peripheral diagnostic markers. Now, we are looking for a post-doctoral researcher for an ambitious project with an important social impact, especially for patients. You will be responsible for the management of a Research Project in Personalized and Precision Medicine funded to develop diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for Lewy body disorders in early stages. You will be responsible to validate the diagnostic potential of a miRNA-based signature and the prognostic power of RNA transcripts for dementia with Lewy bodies. This entirely translational research project aims to offer solutions for patients, clinicians, and the development of therapeutic strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in neuroscience, molecular biology, biochemistry or similar.
- Clinical experience such as the specialty of Neurology will be of value but it would not be an essential requirement for the position.
- Experience in sample handling and processing.
- Strong experience in molecular biology (genotyping, RNA cuantification).
- Knowledge in databases (knowledge of REDCap) and data analyses basics.
- Possess strong analytical problem-solving skills (creative, critical, thinking out-of-the-box).
- To be able to work independently and take initiative, take an active part of the team.
- Be accurate and have a strong feeling of responsibility.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in project.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project management, contact with collaborators, collaborate in data entry, data transfer and organization of sample shipping teaming with a laboratory technician.
- Organize and perform sample obtaining and processing.
- Building and maintaining of REDCap databases.
- Conduct validation experiments.
- Conduct data analysis and interpretation and prepare data for presentation.
- Discuss results with other lab members.
- Reporte results on external meetings.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time contract.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Advanced Training in Entrepreneurship, 80 hours.
- Training capsulas by the company.
- Excellent research and training opportunities with access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- Location at the Can Ruti Campus, a top-level translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals.
- Starting date - no later than February 2023.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send a motivation letter and their CV by email to email@example.com, including the job offer reference in the subject of the email.
CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT INDICATE THE REFERENCE OF THE OFFER IN THE SUBJECT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
After a pre-selection of applicants, the most suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.