PHD STUDENT FOR CLOG LAB 2022/204
The Childhood Liver Oncology group (c-LOG) is recruiting a pre-doctoral student with the plan to apply for.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences with high qualification marks, suitable to apply for pre-doctoral grants (minimum 8.5/10 in the Bachelor's degree).
- Master's degree or enrolled in a master.
- Desirable experience:
- Previous experience on laboratory techniques.
- R knowledge and bioinformatic analysis of "omic" data.
- Experimental animal course.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Good verbal and written English level.
- High motivation to perform research in the pediatric oncology field.
The candidate will be involved in the ongoing research projects of our group such as:
- Biomarker validation study in retrospective and prospective samples from childhood liver cancer patients.
- Study of the gene expression profiling by RNAseq of diagnostic samples from the Pediatric Hepatic International Tumor Trial (PHITT) and identification of biomarkers of treatment response.
- Study of copy number variation data (OncoSCAN) of the same diagnostic samples (cohort above).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Gross annual salary according to IGTP salary table guide or to the grant obtained.
- Possibility to start in January 2023.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsulas by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ChiLTERN project: Children's Liver Tumour European Research Network
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.