POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH (REF.: 2023/49)
The Immunopathology research group is within the Immunology Service of the Germans Trias Hospital. It is made up of an experienced interdisciplinary team that is highly motivated to carry out translational research and give support to clinical teams who are developing their own research projects to examine the mechanisms of the immune response.
The team is made up of researchers, pre-doctoral researchers and technicians who carry out prestigious research projects in the national and international arenas. The laboratory is one of 14 centres of European excellence recognized by the Federation of Clinical Immunological Societies (FOCIS). Since 2009 it is a Consolidated Group as recognized by the Agency for Management of University and Research Grants of the Generalitat of Catalonia.
The current project will be ascribed to the Neuroimmunology team. Since 2008 the Neuroimmunology team has been developing new immune tolerance-inducing therapies, and recently finished a Phase I clinical trial with tolerogenic dendritic cells (VitD3tolDC) in multiple sclerosis patients that showed safety and feasibility of the approach. It coordinated a European network consisting of the most important groups in the field of tolerogenic cellular therapies for autoimmunity, and transplants in the field (European Action COST BM1305-AFACTT) ( www.cost.eu).
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled researcher to work on a project entitled: "Advanced Antigen-Specific Dendritic cells based therapy to re-establish tolerance in immune-mediated diseases" (IMMUTOL), funded by the HORIZON-HLTH-2022-DISEASE-06-02 Program.
This project aims to generate a more powerful second generation engineered VitD3tolDC product for its translation to the clinic.
- PhD in Biosciences.
- Passion for research.
- Strong background in bioinformatics.
- Research Planning and Organization skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Team player with good communication skills.
- To contribute, with the principal investigator to the mentoring and supervision of master and/or PhD students.
- It is expected that the candidate contribute to writing of scientific manuscripts with the outcomes of her/his research.
Additional skills will be also considered such as:
- Experience in cellular and molecular immunology.
- Motivation for learning and continuous improvement of skills and scientific growth.
- Interest in project management.
- Good knowledge on the field of immune tolerance.
The post-doc will participate in the bulk RNAseq, methylation and single cell RNAseq analysis of the therapeutic effect of engineered tolerogenic dendritic cells in an experimental model of multiple sclerosis (experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis -EAE-).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Permanent contract (Real Decreto-ley 8/2022).
- Date of incorporation: July/September 2023.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call (technician), will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 6 payments.
- Proportional holidays to anual 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the research group.
- Challenging project in a multi-disciplinary team in the context of a dynamic and stimulating environment fostering scientific growth.
- Research institute with a number of facilities and scientific platforms, associated to a third level hospital, where basic, translational and clinical research meet.
- Participation in an international consortium.
- The candidate will give and attend seminars locally at the Institute and participate in national and international conferences and meetings.
- The chance to give an important contribution to the development of innovative tolerogenic cell products for the future of personalized therapies.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research group with International projects.
- Location on the Can Ruti Campus, a first-class translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.