The IGTP is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to lead and collaborate in CAR T-cell-related projects in acute leukemia and solid cancer. This will include target identification, generation of hybridomas, generation of scFv binders, their humanization and their functional characterization in cutting-edge in vitro and in vivo studies. The contract will be within the framework of the RICORS-TERAV, an ISCIII-funded Spanish Network for Advanced Cell Therapies (RD21/0017/0029).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- PhD in biological/medical sciences.
- Strong experience in cell and molecular biology.
- Proficiency in flow cytometry.
- Experience with viral vectors and viral transduction.
- Previous experience handling primary blood samples.
- Experience with mouse models (ideally immunodeficient xenografts).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with other team members and external national and international collaborators.
- Suitable candidates must be determined, proactive, independent, eager to learn and with strong working capacity.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good scientific productivity proven by good scientific publications.
Persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33 per 100, as accredited by the Spanish Autonomous Regions or the State Administration, or who have been declared to have a total permanent disability in a different profession through a resolution of the National Institute of Social Security, while retaining functional capacity for the completion of the tasks of the post will be positively considered.
The specific tasks will be:
- Experimental design in discussion with other lab members.
- Conduct cellular, molecular, and biochemical in vitro experiments.
- Conduct in vivo experiments in immunodeficient mice.
- Conduct data analysis and interpretation and prepare data for presentation in lab meetings, and for grant preparation and peer-reviewed publication.
- Liaise actively with external collaborators.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time contract.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- Starting date - no later than January 2023.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link:
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and details of 3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and the pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.