Malalties Infeccioses i Respiratòries (Legionella)
This multidisciplinary group made up of researchers of the Infectious Diseases and International Health Unit of the Germans Trias Hospital and of the Pneumology Services at the Parc Tauli Hospitals has various lines of research. These include clinical research, microbiology and molecular biology. The group has been carrying out collaborative research for more than 15 years and is part of the Instituto Carlos III research networks, at first in the network Respira (RTIC CO3/11) and later in the Networked Biomedical Research Centre (CIBER) created in 2007. It is also a recognized consolidated research by the Generalitat of Catalonia (AGAUR: 2014 SGR801).
The general aim of the group are to carry out clinical and translational research on infectious and respiratory diseases.
Líneas de investigación
- Research into community acquired and nosocomial Pneumonia
- Research into bacteraemias and infectious endocarditis
- Research into primary immunodeficiencies
- Research into Chagas disease and other tropical diseases
- Research into International Health
The Legionella Research Group is a research group of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Code: 1818).
- Research into epidemiological, clinical, therapeutic and preventive aspects of Legionnaires' Disease
- Molecular and phenotypic epidemiology of Legionella
- Development of new detection, diagnostic and typing methods for Legionella
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Description of the bronquial microbioma and the bronquial inflammatory response associated with the particular clinical variants of different cohorts of patients:
- Early-COPD: Multi-centre study, an initial diagnostic COPD cohort
- DELICATO: Multi-centre study of severe COPD and the characteristics of fragility due to frequent exacerbations
- BRN COPD: Multi-centre study of the respiratory microbiome in MCOPD focussed on the identification of and intervention for determinants for readmittance and mortality after an episode of serious exacerbated COPD
- EX-COPD: Multi-centre study of the respiratory microbiome in and its relation to the the immune system and the intestinal microbiome
The group acts as a Corporate Research Program Coordinator (PCI) for Lung Cancer in the Instituto Carlos III On-line Network for Respiratory Disease, CIBERES Enfermedades Respiratorias. The project includes the creation of a biobank for tumour tissue, non-tumour tissue and peripheral blood from patients with Stage I or II non-small cell lung cancer in order to be able to detect new predictive and prognostic biomarkers.