G-N 1 Vascular Pathologies of the Brain
The research area of cerebral vascular pathology at the Germans Trias Institute was set up in 2005 and is led by Antoni Dávalos, MD, PhD, Clinical Director of the Department of Neuroscience at the Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. It is recognized and financed by the Agency for Management of University and Research Grants of the Generalitat of Catalonia (AGAUR) as an accredited emerging group and it forms part of the themed network RETICS-INVICTUS financed by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III.
- Endovascular treatment of acute ictus: clinical trials REVASCAT, DAWN
- Reperfusion endovenous therapies and neuroprotection: clinical trials DIAS-3/4, WAKE-UP, TANDEM
- New treatments for secondary prevention of ictus: clinical trials SOCRATES, NAVIGATE-ESUS
- Futile Rechanneling in Ischemic Acute Stroke (FURIAS): Study of new RM imaging markers for predicting future recanalization in patients undergoing vascular therapy en the acute phase of ictus. FIS P14/01955
- Use of the RACE pre-hospital clinical scale to determine the level of specialization offered to patients with acute ictus in function of its severity and to organize new referral circuits for patients (FIS P113/02041)
- Asymptomatic cerebral atherosclerosis (AsIA Study): population study of prevalence of asymptomatic intracraneal estenosis and its relation to vascular risk, cardiovascular risk and risk of dementia.
- Study of intracranial plaques (PROYECTO CRYPTICAS): Study using new HRMR sequences of intracraneal atherosclerotic plaques in atherothrombic ictus and cryptogenic ictus (FIS P113/02544).
- Neuroplasticity, cognitive function and neuroimaging in ischemic cerebral ictus: study of cognitive prognostics, structural changes in white matter, functional RM and cognitive alternations in acute ictus.
- Neurotoxicity of iron in cerebral ischemia
- STR01-STROKECHIP: Validation of a panel of biomarkers for precocious diagnostic of ictus and differentiation from analogous conditions and from ischemic ictus and haemorrhagic ictus.
- Influence of grades of physical activity previous to ictus on functional prognostic, haemorrhagic transformation and arterial rechanneling in acute occlusion of the median cerebral artery.
Antoni Dávalos, MD, PhD (Clinical Director, Department of Neuroscience)
(+34) 93 497 89 11 / (+34) 93 497 89 16