INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS MANAGER
The IGTP needs to recruit an International Projects Officer into Projects Management Office (PMO) with the purpose of carrying out the administrative and financial management of the European and other International projects awarded to the institution. Reporting to the Head of the Projects Management Office, the International Projects Manager will proactively assist IGTP's Group Leaders and researchers in securing competitive funds for research and managing their core and external funds, following internal policies and terms and conditions of the funding bodies. S/he will actively be working with the other members of the team and the other administration departments (HR, Controlling, Accounting, Purchasing, Legal, General Management...)
- Be in possession of a university degree.
- Other profiles with proven experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 4 years' proven experience in management of international projects (documentation, drafting of monitoring reports, justifications, use of management tools). Priority will be given to those who have worked in projects funded under the H2020 Program of the EC.
- Deep Knowledge of the H2020 and Horizon Europe Programs of the EC.
- High level of English, Catalan and Spanish.
- Fluid domain of Microsoft Office and databases.
- Ability to work in teams, organization and planning.
- Aptitudes for verbal and written communication.
- Capacity for analysis and supervision.
- Dexterity in the management of computer tools and new technologies.
- Desirable knowledge of other international programs like NIH.
- Desirable acquaintance of SAP Business One or other ERPs.
Under the guidance of the Head of the PMO, your tasks will be:
- Coordinating the acceptance process, including the administrative, financial and legal internal review in liaison with the relevant departments and provide advice to ensure full compliance.
- Managing budgets and control competitive and external funds in compliance with the applicable regulations and IGTP policies.
- Providing project holders with regular follow-up and advice in connection with expenditure control, budget deviations and budget forecasts about their internal and external funds.
- Support and follow-up of internal and external audits related to the accrued and justified expenses within the projects.
- Elaborating projects financial statements and providing any other information needed to ensure adherence to the applicable regulations as well as compliance during financial audits or preparation of budget-recovery claims, whilst supporting project´s holders for timely submission of scientific reports.
- Keeping funds and grants accounting records updated in the ERP.
- Acting as financial control point for approval of staff costs, services, subcontracting and equipment purchase (or depreciation) and monitoring time recording system for EC-funded projects. Monitoring budget and expenditure levels on the assigned projects.
- Acting as a liaison between the IGTP community and the funding agencies.
- Fulfilling administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies or sponsors/donors for active grants.
- Identifying suitable external funding sources and opportunities for internal dissemination to the IGTP community, while providing proactive and tailored advice in securing competitive funding for their RDI activities. Providing professional guidance and support in preparing R&D&I proposals to competitive calls from relevant funders.
THE OFFER, WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Full time position.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent to the square objected to this call, will be fixed based on the experience provided and the skills of the candidate, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals.
For more information consult the link;
PLEASE SEND THE DOCUMENTATION AND REFERENCES TO:
Those interested should submit a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the position, 2-3 reference contacts and CV to seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat indicating the reference of the offer in the subject. After a pre-selection of candidates, the best candidates will be contacted and interviewed