OPEN CALL FOR MSCA - POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
The Childhood Liver Oncology Group (cLOG) is looking for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to apply to the European Commission Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HORIZON-MSCA-2021-PF-01).
cLOG is a referent translational research group of childhood liver cancer in Europe and we have been awarded with two H2020 European projects: the ChiLTERN (https://more.bham.ac.uk/chiltern/) and iPC (https://ipc-project.eu/). We count with a unique biorepository worldwide of clinically-annotated biological samples from paediatric liver cancer patients which is being established thanks to the ChiLTERN project. Childhood liver cancer is a rare disease from which its molecular knowledge is limited due to the difficulty to access to biological samples from these children. cLOG is now in a privileged situation in which we have (i) access to a large and unique sample collection from an homogeneous patient cohort and (ii) the funds to perform an ambitious project on diagnostic biopsies from the European patients enrolled in the first international clinical trial, PHITT (Paediatric Hepatic International Tumour Trial - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov).
We are seeking for an exceptional and motivated researcher to improve the underlying molecular knowledge of these tumors by analyzing RNA-seq data on unique clinically-annotated specimens to provide new diagnostic and therapeutic tools to translate into the clinical setting with the final aim to increase the survival and quality of life of paediatric patients with liver cancer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Be in the possession of a PhD at the call deadline.
- Comply with the mobility rule: you cannot apply if you have been in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years before the call deadline.
- At the call deadline, researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must have a strong publication record (at least as first author publication in IF publication).
Persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33 per 100, as accredited by the Spanish Autonomous Regions or the State Administration, or who have been declared to have a total permanent disability in a different profession through a resolution of the National Institute of Social Security, while retaining functional capacity for the completion of the tasks of the post will be positively considered.
The main tasks to conduct are:
- Analysis of RNA-seq data to identify key signaling pathways deregulated and key therapeutic targets of aggressive tumors.
- Define gene signatures of sensitivity and resistance of PHITT treatments.
- Perform in vitro and in vivo studies of anti-tumoral eficacy of new drugs (identified with the RNAseq data) using two innovative experimental models: patient-derived xenografts (PDXs) and organoids of childhood liver cancer already established.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The candidate can be only incorporated with an obtention of a MSCA-PF-2021 or similar.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link:
ChiLTERN project: Children's Liver Tumour European Research Network
iPC project: Individualized Paediatric Cure
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.