OPEN CALL OFFER GROUP LEADER (R3B)
The Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute (IGTP) is a public biomedical research centre, it was set up in 1995 to manage research activities at the Germans Trias Hospital (HGT) on the Can Ruti Campus. The IGTP is part of CERCA, the network of research centres of the Government of Catalonia. IGTP is recognized as a centre of research excellence by the Spanish state funding body the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII). The director reports to the board of trustees, which includes representatives from the Government of Catalonia, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, the hospital and other research centres from the campus. The mission of the IGTP is to carry out excellent multi-disciplinary research that will have a direct impact on people's health and quality of life
The IGTP is looking for a GROUP LEADER (R3B) OF NEUROGENETICS
- Candidates should hold a PhD Degree in life sciences and international post-doctoral training, with at least 10 years of experience in translational neurogenetics research and diagnosis, and have an independent and internationally competitive research profile on neurogenetics to attract external funding.
- The research should focus on the identification and characterization of gene function relevant to neurological disease at the level of cells and organisms, with the interest to uncover novel mechanisms of disease, and development of novel therapies using cellular and animal disease models.
- Strong publication record in highly-ranked international journals.
- Leadership of national and International consortiums on neurogenetics.
- More than 10 years of experience on genetic diagnosis of neurological diseases with proven expertise on genomics and bioinformatics technologies to analyse NGS data.
- Supervision and mentorship of PhD students with Direction of PhD thesis.
- Completion of National ISCIII Miguel Servet program with national accreditation on human genetics
- entrepreneurship and patents generated will be positively valued.
- To establish an lead and independent and internationally competitive research profile on neurogenetics to publish and attract external funding.
- To lead and coordinate the neurogenetics diagnostic laboratory.
- To supervise PhD students and post-docs and direct PhD thesis.
- To participate in the activities of the neuroscience program.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The IGTP offers a permanent contract to cover a permanent position to replace a former temporary contract (as permitted under the additional provision 30 of the Budget Law for the Government of Catalonia in 2018).
- Annual gross salary based on the candidate's experience, distributed in 12 payments.
- Full time position.
- The employment contract will start on 01/01/2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their CV, a cover letter with the contacts of three references to email@example.com.
PLEASE PUT THE REFERENCE CODE FOR THIS POSITION IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR E-MAIL.