POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW POSITION AVAILABLE FOR A H2020-FUNDED PROJECT
A position is open at the Experimental Tuberculosis Unit of the IGTP to work within the H2020-funded project "SMA-TB: A novel Stratified Medicine Algorithm to predict treatment responses to host-directed therapy in TB Patients. Proposal number: 847762. Call reference: H2020-SC1-BHC-2018-2020", lead by Dr. Cristina Vilaplana.
This position will especially be of interest for applicants who want to expand or gain experience in translational research. Specific interests of the laboratory include understanding the role of the human immune response to M. tuberculosis in TB patients and the influence of Anti-Inflammatory Drugs on it in the context of a Clinical Trial. These include i) large scale tuberculosis studies to identify and characterize inflammatory mediators in blood and urine, ii) RNA host expression analysis, and iii) detailed studies of cording ability of M. tuberculosis strains. Candidates should have a strong background in Immunology and/or Microbiology.
- Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in Immunology, Pathobiology, Microbiology or similar field.
- Experience and broad skills in standard techniques such as ELISA, LUMINEX, RNA extraction, PCR....
- Experience in working under Biosafety Level 2 or 3 (BL2/BL3) conditions.
- Strong research experience and productivity background, including a strong track record of publications.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellence in evidence storage and data presentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: infectious disease clinical trials, T cell effector or memory functions, immune responses to infections, tuberculosis.
- Experience in H2020 projects.
- Familiarity with current immunological or microbiological assays such as: ELISpots, multiplex assays, antibody neutralization, ELISA, microarray analysis, histology.
- Experience in cell culture and molecular biological methods including DNA/RNA isolation, high-throughput transcriptional profiling techniques (e.g. RNA-Seq), RT-qPCR & library preparation.
- Proficiency in appropriate usage of statistical methods for data analysis.
- Knowledge of data analysis and graphing software such as FlowJo, Prism, and/or Jump.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to professionally and tactfully work with co-workers and external agencies.
- Design and execute the tasks required within the H2020-granted project SMA-TB.
- Acquire and analyze data.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Present research info and results at internal and external scientific meetings.
- Participate in grant writing.
- Communicate with research management on a regular basis.
- Supervision of research assistant(s) and/or associate(s).
THE OFFER, WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Annual gross salary based on the candidate's experience, distributed in 12 payments.
- Full time position.
- One year contract, renewable after that period.
- The employment contract will start on 01/01/2020.
PLEASE SEND THE DOCUMENTATION AND REFERENCES TO:
Applications with a complete CV, a motivation letter and 2 references shall be sent by email to rrhh(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat, indicating the vacancy reference in the email's subject, before the 30th November 2019. After a pre-selection of applications, the most suited people for the job will be interviewed.