DEPUTY LABORATORY MANAGER
The Institute for Health Science Research Germans Trias i Pujol (IGTP) is a public research center in the Autonomous region of Catalonia in Northern Spain dedicated to increasing scientific knowledge and transferring it to improve the care and lives of patients.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the laboratories of the IGTP Campus ICO-GTIP (Badalona) and will work for the correct running and management of common research areas in the building. The Lab Manager is the point of contact between our research labs and the administration of the institution and with official organizations.
The Laboratory Manager will coordinate the management of the different IGTP buildings/facilities and will report his/her work to the Lab Manager Unit coordinator.
- Responsibility for the efficient use of common areas: cell culture labs, microscopes, radioactivity room etc.
- Coordination of the purchasing and maintenance (guarantees, quality controls, inspections etc) of shared equipment in order to optimize resources and encourage synergy
- Implementation and maintenance of software associated with the inventory of laboratory equipment
- Guidelines for use and training for equipment in shared areas
- Implementation of good laboratory practices and supervision of their application
- Coordination of update of emergency protocols and health and safety
- Responsibility for security systems associated with equipment: freezers, CO2
- Waste management
- Coordination of general services with the technician in the sterilization room: common stocks of reagents and material, Mycoplasma tests, production of competent cells, cell line authentication, etc.
- Introduction to the facilities of new employees
- Daily communication with labs and updating of lab resources available on intranet
- Organization of demos for possible new equipment for researchers
- Regular meetings with technicians
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a lab manager or equivalent position.
- Degree in biology, life sciences or related disciplines.
- Experience in cell culture and genomics would be an additional asset.
- Fluent English essential (all protocols and guides are in English)
- Experience in basic computer tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to teamwork
- Pro-active, responsible and well organized person
- Attitude to learn and work independently
- Adaptability to the user demands
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Permanent contract
- Incorporation: when authorized by the fiscal and financial measures established by the General Budgets of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the basic regulations of the General State Budgets
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and two references to rrhh(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
PLEASE MENTION the REFERENCE in the subject of the mail or your application may not reach the right person.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The call will be open until 30/06/2018