CALL FOR APPLICANTS TÉCNICOS BIOINFORMÁTICOS ISCIII AES 2018
Qualified bioinformatician to support genomics and bioinformatics unit core facility service activities.
Duties will include day to day tasks related to genomics bioinformatic and statistical data analysis derived from next generation sequencing and microarray technologies.
- We are seeking candidates to apply for funding and join our team if the application is successful.
- Background: B.S. / B.Eng. (with M.Sc or postgraduate training in Bioinformatics)
- Languages: English (required)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of linux operating system and basic to advanced programming skills (in bash, perl, python and/or R). Familiarity with open source bioinformatics and statistical analysis tools applied to genomic data derived from genomics technologies (next generation sequencing and/or microarrays) will be highly valued. Besides the requested technical skills, we are looking for applicants with excelent organizational, laboratory record keeping, interpersonal and communication abilities, to work in detail-oriented tasks in a team setting with a commitment to service
Genomics data quality control, preprocessing and analysis for assays including mRNA and miRNA expression profiling, DNA genotyping, DNA sequencing, copy number and variant analysis, chromatin immunoprecipitation sequencing and DNA methylation profiling.
What we offer
- 2 year contract, depending on successful application for competitive funding to the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (Ministerio de Economía, Indústria y Competitividad, MINECO; Convocatoria de Contratos de Técnicos Bioinformáticos de apoyo a la Investigación en los Institutos de Investigación en Salud, Acción Estratégica de Salud 2018, Instituto Carlos III).
- Gross salary : 26866 € (as specified in the funding call) may be complemented commensurate with experience and performance. Dynamic and stimulating scientific working environment.
- Continued specialized training opportunities.
NOTE: The starting date for the actual contract will be as soon as possible. The resolution of the funding call is expected by the end of 2018.
For more information
Please see the official web page for the ISCIII AES 2018 call for applications (http://www.isciii.es/ISCIII/es/contenidos/fd-investigacion/fd-financiacion/fd-convocatorias-ayudas-accion-estrategica-salud/2018/AES_2018.pdf;
please see pages 57-58) and the High Content Genomics and Bioinformatics Unit page at http://www.imppc.org/resources-and-services/genomics-and-bioinformatics/
or write to Lauro Sumoy at lsumoy(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV, a cover letter with the contacts of three references to email@example.com.
PLEASE PUT THE REFERENCE CODE FOR THIS POSITION IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR E-MAIL.
Deadline for applications
Please send expression of interest by March 2nd, 2018.
If selected, the candidate will be asked to apply for funding.
The call for funding submissions to ISCIII will be open for applications from March 7 to April 12, 2018, but the candidate will have to write the funding request proposal before the deadline, in coordination with the head of the High Content Genomics and Bioinformatics Unit of the IGTP.