The Childhood Liver Oncology group (c-LOG) is recruiting a pre-doctoral student to be involved in the molecular characterization of paediatric liver cancer in the context of a scientific H2020 project. Our group conducts translational studies focused on establishing a European collection of biological samples from paediatric patients with liver cancer with the aim to identify biomarkers and molecular targets for therapy with the final goal of improving clinical management and moving towards a personalized medicine.
We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher and highly motivated candidate, who has the following skills:
- Master in Molecular Biotechnology or similar
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences with high qualification marks, suitable to apply for pre-doctoral grants.
- Experimental animal course is preferred.
- Previous experience on laboratory techniques such as qPCR, WB, ddPCR and analysis of "omic" data will be evaluated positively.
- Ability to work as a team
- Good verbal and written English level.
What we offer
- The period of the contract is for 1 year (extendable).
- The candidate will be involved in the ongoing research projects of our group such as:
- Establishment of in vivo and in vitro experimental models of pediatric liver cancer
- Comprehensive molecular characterization of pediatric liver cancer by using proteomic and gene expression high-throughput techniques
- Evaluation of new therapeutic targets on already established experimental models
- The salary will depend on the previous experience of the candidate.
Deadline for applications
The call will be open until 28/08/2017
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and the names of 2 references to email@example.com
PLEASE MENTION the REFERENCE in the subject of the mail or your application may not reach the right person.