OPEN CALL FOR MSCA - POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
The Childhood Liver Oncology Group (cLOG) is looking for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to apply to the European Commission Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HORIZON-MSCA-2022-PF-01).
cLOG, led by Dra Armengol ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4690-4027, is a referent translational research group of childhood liver cancer in Europe and we have been awarded with two H2020 European projects: the ChiLTERN (https://more.bham.ac.uk/chiltern/) and iPC (https://ipc-project.eu/). We count with a unique biorepository worldwide of clinically-annotated biological samples from paediatric liver cancer patients which is being established thanks to the ChiLTERN project. Childhood liver cancer is a rare disease from which its molecular knowledge is limited due to the difficulty to access to biological samples from these children. cLOG is now in a privileged situation in which we have (i) access to a large and unique sample collection from an homogeneous patient cohort and (ii) the funds to perform an ambitious project on diagnostic biopsies from the European patients enrolled in the first international clinical trial, PHITT (Paediatric Hepatic International Tumour Trial - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov).
We are seeking for an exceptional and motivated researcher to improve the underlying molecular knowledge of these tumors by analyzing RNA-seq data on unique clinically-annotated specimens to provide new diagnostic and therapeutic tools to translate into the clinical setting with the final aim to increase the survival and quality of life of paediatric patients with liver cancer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
Candidate must accomplish MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 (HORIZON-MSCA-2022-PF-01) eligibility criteria set by the call:
- Supported fellows: Must be in possession of doctoral degree. At the call deadline (14-09-2022), supported researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full time equivalent. experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents.
- Mobility: The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline.
- Researchers wishing to reintegrate from a third country must either be based in a third country at the call deadline, or have moved directly from a third country to an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country within the last 12 months before the call deadline.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Candidates with an outstanding record of Research achievements and publications.
Persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33 per 100, as accredited by the Spanish Autonomous Regions or the State Administration, or who have been declared to have a total permanent disability in a different profession through a resolution of the National Institute of Social Security, while retaining functional capacity for the completion of the tasks of the post will be positively considered.
The main tasks to conduct are:
- Write a manuscript on the discovery a new and promising therapeutic target for hepatoblastoma patients.
- Analysis of RNA-seq data to identify key signaling pathways deregulated and key therapeutic targets of aggressive tumors. Define gene signatures of sensitivity and resistance of PHITT treatments.
- Perform in vitro and in vivo studies of anti-tumoral eficacy of new drugs (identified with the RNAseq data) using two innovative experimental models: patient-derived xenografts (PDXs) and organoids of childhood liver cancer already established.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The candidate can be only incorporated with an obtention of a MSCA-PF-2022 or similar.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ChiLTERN project: Children's Liver Tumour European Research Network
iPC project: Individualized Paediatric Cure
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.