The IGTP (“Germans Trias i Pujol Health Sciences Research Institute”, Badalona, BCN, Spain) Proteomics Department has the necessary equipment to offer technological and scientific support to the researchers who might require it, in particular in the clinical field in which it is a useful tool to carry out translational research.
In the proteomics field, we are now able to identify and/or quantify peptides such as characterizing the post-transduction modifications and analysing their differential expression.
In the field of metabolomics, the department offers quality and quantitative analysis of lipid nature metabolites in serum, mucous membrane and other biological fluids, as well as the determination of the bile acids profile in serum, urine, etc.
Likewise in the unit new methods are developed and applied in the referred fields for the putting in practice in research projects. Hereby the unit tries to balance the research applied in the above mentioned fields with the development of new and improved methods.
The unit makes a resource possible in addition for the education and teaching of futures researchers interested in knowing the laboratory technologies.
- Hybrid mass spectrometer quadrupole time of flight (Q-TOF) with nano-capillary liquid chromatography (LC-MS/MS) coupled in tandem, lineal or bi-dimensional, Bruker Daltoniks Qq-TOF microtof model.
- Gas chromatograph of 6 channels model AutoSystem of Perkin Elmer with detector FID with automatic optional injector that maximizes the performance(yield) of the equipment(team).
- Gas chromatograph Fisons 8000 Series GC (Fisons Instruments), equipped with detectors of masses MD 800 and FID, manners of injection split-splitless, on-column, and automatic injector.
- Thermal Desorver MW-1A (Rektorik), for analysis of volatile compounds connected to the MD 800.
- HPLC (Waters) model 616 connected to visible UV 486 and spectrometer of masses cuadrupolar VG Platform.
- Determination of molecular mass of intact proteins.
- Identification of proteins (in gel or in solution) from simple samples (direct injection; ESI-MS/MS), or complex 1D ó 2D nanoLC (MS/MS).
- Possibility of alternative analyses previous contact with the unit, like identification for fingerprint peptídico (PMF), studies of profiles based on Clinprot, comparative quantification of proteins across peptides, studies of postranslation modifications (PTM).
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of total fat acids, free acids of medium or long chain by GCFID or by GC (MS)-IC).
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of fat acids of lipidic fractions by GC (FID) or by GC (MS)-IC.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of fat acids of short chain by GC (FID).
- Determination of the profile of bile acids in urine / serum by ESI (MS/MS)
For another type of technologies to consult in the unit.
Person in charge of the unit: José María Hernández Pérez
phone contact: +34 93 4978690
Associate investigator: Lourdes Fluvia Camps
phone contact: +34 93 4978690
Institut d'Investigació en Ciències de la Salut Germans Trias i Pujol. Ctra. de Can Ruti. Camí de les Escoles, s/n. 08916 Badalona. Tel. 93 497 86 53 Fax. 93 497 86 54