JUNIOR POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER
The Clinical Virology and New Diagnostic Tools groupof the IGTP led by Dr Elisa Martró has an opening for a Junior post-doctoral Researcher through the research project "Genomic epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2 in Catalonia: virologic surveillance and outbreak control" funded by "La Marató de TV3". The project aims to adapt genomic and bioinformatics tools to translational research in the hospital setting in order to guide responses to potential viral outbreaks within hospital wards and long-term care settings, and lead to a continuous description of transmission events. Additionally, the researcher will also participate in other projects in the field of molecular epidemiology of clinically relevant viruses and bacteria within the Microbiology Department at University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol headed by Dr Pere-Joan Cardona.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates should hold a PhD degree in a discipline related with Bioinformatics and Data Science or Bio/medical sciences, with proven experience in next-generation sequencing data analysis (including pipeline development and phylogeny) and infectious diseases.
- Programming skills, command line and knowledge of Linux, R and statistical data analysis.
The following items will be of value:
- Experience in molecular biology laboratory techniques including next-generation sequencing with Oxford Nanopore technology.
- Demonstrated track record of achievements including first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Competences: Highly developed organization skills; Strong analytical skills; Multi-tasking, problem solving and proactive attitude; Good communication skills; Capable of easily interacting with people of different scientific backgrounds; Team Player; Ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
- We encourage both national and international applicants for this position.
Persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33 per 100, as accredited by the Spanish Autonomous Regions or the State Administration, or who have been declared to have a total permanent disability in a different profession through a resolution of the National Institute of Social Security, while retaining functional capacity for the completion of the tasks of the post will be positively considered.
The specific tasks will be:
- Bioinformatics analysis of raw data from next-generation sequencing platform MinIon (Oxford Nanopore) and MiSeq (Illumina).
- Phylogenetic analyses to characterize outbreaks.
- Design of bioinformatics workflows for tailored analyses.
- Interpretation of results and elaboration of reports.
- Generation and maintenance of data bases and statistics analysis.
- Preparation of manuscripts and oral presentations.
- Designing, conducting and supervising experiments (according to experience)
- Contribute to scientific discussion and participation in other activities of the research group.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Contract for project with full time position for 2 years.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded (La Marató TV3), distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link: /
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.