CANDIDATES DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME INPHINIT "LA CAIXA”
We are seeking an outstanding student who is interested in working on personalized medicine in thyroid and pituitary tumors, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation, strong sense of responsibility and initiative. The overall aim of the project is to characterize the phenotypic and molecular (omic) data of thyroid and pituitary tumors to better understand their molecular architecture and to identify molecular alterations and pathways that can be useful as diagnostic and prognostic markers and/or new therapeutic targets. The ultimate goal is to translate these findings to clinical practice by including them in the therapeutic algorithms for improving individualized treatment and outcome. This is a translational project and will be done in close collaboration with physicians. In particular, the project will involve the use of multiple approaches including genetic, epigenetic, RNA and protein analysis (both at genome-wide and locus-specific level), cell culture, genome editing with CRISPR-Cas9 technology, experimental models, and bioinformatic and statistical analyses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- To be in the first four years of their research careers and not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Completed studies that lead to an official university degree of the European Higher Education Area or another university degree that gives access to doctoral studies.
- Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).+
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific tasks for this post will be:
- Organize, manage and process human clinical and experimental samples.
- Conduct research in the area of thyroid and pituitary tumors.
- Supervise junior members of the team.
- Present results in national and international conferences.
- Write manuscripts to be submitted to leading scientific journals in the field of research.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT "la Caixa" is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers-of any nationality-who wish to pursue doctoral studies in the Spanish and Portuguese territories. Sponsored by "la Caixa" Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
- The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills, temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
- The IGTP will take part in the programme offering 10 PhD positions. Find your PhD position with detailed information (Select "IGTP- Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute").
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any further questions, or if there are particular issues you'd like to discuss regarding your potential candidacy, please contact with the projects department fundacioigtp(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat.
For details of the grant, applications and selection criteria process, and other general questions, please visit the INPhINIT programme website.
HOW TO APPLY:
The selection process is performed by the "la Caixa" Foundation where the candidates should apply. Subsequently, the selected candidates propose the Centre and PhD position they wish to take up.