- Ph.D. in Genetics or similar
- Expertise in the following areas: Genetics of neurodegenerative diseases, biomarker discovery
- Experience and broad skills in standard molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, sequencing and mRNA expression
- Experience in neuropathological techniques including immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence
- Strong research experience and productivity background, including a strong track record of publications
- Experience in data management including analysis
- Excellence interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in cell culture and transfection.
- Experience in CRISPR technology.
- Proficiency in appropriate usage of statistical methods for data analysis.
- Knowledge of data analysis and graphing with R.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to professionally and tactfully work with co-workers and external agencies.
- Design and execute the tasks required within the CaixaImpulse2019-granted project "Blood miRNAs as diagnostic tool for dementia with Lewy bodies".
- Acquire and analyze data.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Present research info and results at internal and external scientific meetings.
- Participate in grant writing.
- Communicate with research management on a regular basis.
- Supervision of research assistant(s) and Master student(s).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Annual gross salary based on the candidate's experience, distributed in 12 payments.
- Position: 25-houres per week.
- One year contract.
- The employment contract will start on 01/01/2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send their CV, a cover letter with the contacts of three references to email@example.com.
PLEASE PUT THE REFERENCE CODE FOR THIS POSITION IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR E-MAIL.