The IGTP seeks to hire a postdoctoral researcher to work in the research group "Mechanisms of cancer and cell differentiation" of Dr. Miguel A. Peinado.
The individual in this position will be responsible for computational biology and bioinformatics support of genome-scale projects using advanced genomic technologies including in-house developed NGS methods. The major goal of the project is the obtention of genome-scale maps of epigenetic variation in human populations and disease. The project is highly collaborative and provides the opportunity to interact with investigators in different disciplines, including computational and experimental biology.
Primary duties will include, but will not be limited, to the design and implementation of algorithms to map, annotate, integrate and organize data generated by next generation sequencing instruments, and downstream statistical analyses and validation. Duties will also include data-mining on high-throughput data sets and development of tools for data analysis, integration and visualization.
- Background: PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in biomedical computing.
- Proven proficiency in the management of Biological Databases, programming languages (R, Perl, Java, C++, Python, etc.) and biostatistics methods is required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A contract for a period of 12 months with possibility of extension
- Competitive salary according to qualifications and experience
- Integration in a collaborative scientific network devoted to high quality research in the field of cancer genomics and epigenomics
- Dynamic interaction with other leading cancer research groups
- Interaction with other bioinformatics groups within and outside of the institution
- Possibility for career advancement and attendance to specialized training courses and scientific meetings
For more information on the research of the Mechanisms of Cancer and Cell Differentiation group visit the web page at http://maplab.cat or write to Miguel A. Peinado at mpeinado(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat and copy rrhh(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat.
Deadline for applications: 24 march 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send the following documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org:
A short statement of motivation, a CV including your contact details names, email and telephone numbers of two referees.
PLEASE INDICATE THE REFERENCE 2019/29 in the subject of the mail.