The IGTP needs a highly motivated NGS Technologist to contribute to accelerate the access to precision medicine in the field of cancer.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary and dynamic group integrated by academic researchers and a private entrepreneurship, based in the IGTP at the Can Ruti Campus in Badalona. The major goal of the project is the development of genomic tools, including both innovative wet lab methods and sophisticated bioinformatic tools, to analyze genetic and epigenetic variations in cancer and other diseases.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Wet-lab experience working with DNA/RNA related technologies.
- Experience working with NGS and/or technology development.
- Experience in a core facility, molecular diagnostics laboratory, or biotechnology. company is also a plus.
- Previous experience in quality assessment is a plus.
- Friendly, collaborative mindset, ability to multi-task and to work effectively.
The following items will be of value:
- Higher degree training cycle in some field of life sciences or health.
- It will be valued positive uyniversity degree in life sciences or related fields.
- High organizational skills.
- Very strong motivation and commitment, proactive mindset, getting-things-done attitude.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
- Computational skills (Office, content management systems, etc.).
Persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33 per 100, as accredited by the Spanish Autonomous Regions or the State Administration, or who have been declared to have a total permanent disability in a different profession through a resolution of the National Institute of Social Security, while retaining functional capacity for the completion of the tasks of the post will be positively considered.
The specific tasks will be:
- Development and execution of complex library preparation protocols (manually and/or with automated systems).
- Optimization and testing of new protocols.
- Troubleshooting of technical problems in the sample preparation and sequencing workflows.
- Customer support and productive interaction with researchers with diverse backgrounds.
- Quality management and implementation of standard procedures.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Contract for project with full time position.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link: www.germanstrias.org/
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and the contacts of 2-3 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
After pre-selection the short list of candidates will be invited for interview.